What did you do to your van today?

Peter dont know why you are worrying about it
surely sue your carer can attend to the situation ?
but I'd rather you don't say I mentioned this please

Looked at the van yesterday, put note and money for today's bread delivery on the seat. Inspected mouse bait....nothing taken and no further signs...mouse must have been in the rubbish bag we forgot to drop off, so was in van overnight....and must have left with it ...phew!! Having a run out today, to local cafe for a takeaway....all of a mile each way. The GNR on the road wave to us as we pass the checkpoint...never stop us, think they know where we live! Village gossip goes a long way!

Looked at the van yesterday, put note and money for today's bread delivery on the seat. Inspected mouse bait....nothing taken and no further signs...mouse must have been in the rubbish bag we forgot to drop off, so was in van overnight....and must have left with it ...phew!! Having a run out today, to local cafe for a takeaway....all of a mile each way. The GNR on the road wave to us as we pass the checkpoint...never stop us, think they know where we live! Village gossip goes a long way!

The GNR: I never thought we'd live in a country where the free movement of healthy people was actively suppressed.
I understand people have been taught fear, but the removal of all our rights is not necessarily reversible.

Resealed the large rooflight above the rear lounge. Had some white Sikaflex 512 in stock.
Discovered the leak recently when the van was parked up temporarily on a steep slope.
Great day for it so got stuck in (literally)
Job done.
K ;)

Sorted out the tv teleco teleplus x2 tv aerial it had restricted movement to the vertical position. Then checked the batteries were ok.

Washed it....first time for a proper wash since the solar installed.
Climbing ladders and roof washing ain’t my favourite pastime.

• Well Done
Reactions: Rec
Hi. Washed the roof. Second time since last June. Have to do the roof from the sides. On a step ladder. Cant seem to get the pressure to get it really clean. Any hints ideas. Brian

The GNR: I never thought we'd live in a country where the free movement of healthy people was actively suppressed.
I understand people have been taught fear, but the removal of all our rights is not necessarily reversible.
We might not be healthy! Happy to be checked as there are some stupid idiots around who don't care about others. Several "Healthy" friends have died in my former workplace.

Hi. Washed the roof. Second time since last June. Have to do the roof from the sides. On a step ladder. Cant seem to get the pressure to get it really clean. Any hints ideas. Brian
Isn't there a product ( or two) which helps keep it sparkling....Previous thread!

Plugged in to the mains.
Switched the fridge on. Very happy.

Especially as the house fridge/freezer failed overnight.

I wonder if it is a side effect from getting my covid vaccx yesterday?

Well yesterday I fitted the new battery. I de rusted and curusted the tray, painted it and when dry started to fit the blasted battery and have the cuts and grazes to prove it !!!! Do these bloomin' Iti's build the van around the battery?
Today I made a start on gluing felt stuff around the sleeping area

• Well Done
This is why people moan at garage prices Peter,when I was on the tools folks used to say it's only a this or that
bless you for experiencing this small job everyday chemanics like us old guys used to do now where's tezza 33 sure he will agree
now I'm older and have three mechanic sons I just let them do most things but they get hacked off when I say I used to do it like this or say no not like that😀😀😀😀👍
ps well done

MOT booked for 09:00 this morning so came over last night as the morning ferry is too late (plus always busy).

Arrived at 19:30 and got an Indian takeaway then spent the night in our usual spot.

Wait, no, shock horror! Someone was in OUR space!

7542AB80-67AB-41C4-A808-E9E49566783C.jpeg

The van on the left was in our normal space. No worries there’s plenty more. The van on the right must have arrived during the night before but we never heard it.

MOT booked for 09:00 this morning so came over last night as the morning ferry is too late (plus always busy).

Arrived at 19:30 and got an Indian takeaway then spent the night in our usual spot.

Wait, no, shock horror! Someone was in OUR space!

View attachment 58586

The van on the left was in our normal space. No worries there’s plenty more. The van on the right must have arrived during the night before but we never heard it.
Passed MOT too, so happy days! Nice cruise home at the end of a fairly Bonny day.

This is why people moan at garage prices Peter,when I was on the tools folks used to say it's only a this or that
bless you for experiencing this small job everyday chemanics like us old guys used to do now where's tezza 33 sure he will agree
now I'm older and have three mechanic sons I just let them do most things but they get hacked off when I say I used to do it like this or say no not like that😀😀😀😀👍
ps well done
I too spent many years in the trade, but there was always space to work, but now I have a fist full of thumbs, ah well, I'm still above ground

We bought an electric bike last week - a foldable one. Yesterday I managed to pack it in the MH garage along with all the other stuff we take. As we are planning on my wife getting one as well, with a bit of jiggery pokery, I reckon we can get 2 of them in the garage providing I 'prune' what we normally carry.

It'll open up a whole new tranche of campsites for us to look at/book if we are not reliant upon public transport.

Back