What did you do to your van today?

Sealed around the roof bar bolts today with a spray rubber compound. Looks like decent stuff and requires 4 hours to set before the second coat.
Right where else can I use it. This was fun 😃

Electric bikes are brilliant. We have 2 cheap Halfords Coyote folders. They come into their own on the French islands of Re and Oleron and of course canals and riverside paths. Ours allow us to get into towns etc so much more easily.
Don’t use them so much in Uk or ireland.

Davy

Gave our new signs an airing. Magnetic on the front, adhesive on the back.... are we there yet?

View attachment 58546View attachment 58547
We got one of them - Autotrail Miami - on a 57 plate. Bought as our first MH in 2010 after some serious research. Still got it because we can't find anything that will replace what it does for us. Ours is plated at 3800kgs and I might need to get it down-plated soon due to 70th creeping up on me. Have you ever had any problems with the long overhang regarding ferries etc?

Electric bikes are brilliant. We have 2 cheap Halfords Coyote folders. They come into their own on the French islands of Re and Oleron and of course canals and riverside paths. Ours allow us to get into towns etc so much more easily.
Don’t use them so much in Uk or ireland.

Davy

Yes ours is shaping up nicely. Its from Halfords...a Cross City E. I've only been out on it once so far and it works a treat. Mrs GMJ has had to re-learn to ride as she has MS and dodgy knees plus a lack of confidence. We are fortunate where we live that she can practice in the local Forestry car park which is 100m down the road from where we live.

She is finding the saddle a bit uncomfortable so we'll pop into Halfords on Tuesday to look at alternatives. We'll order her bike when we are in there I think.

We'll definitely use them abroad. Where we go in Spain every winter (not this one, obvs) there are miles and miles of boardwalk/promenade which we can cycle on, let alone all the other places we visit each year. I'll start looking at campsites next to cycle paths too. Plus being foldable, when restrictions are reduced, we can pop them in the car and nip out somewhere if we fancy some place different.

Yes ours is shaping up nicely. Its from Halfords...a Cross City E. I've only been out on it once so far and it works a treat. Mrs GMJ has had to re-learn to ride as she has MS and dodgy knees plus a lack of confidence. We are fortunate where we live that she can practice in the local Forestry car park which is 100m down the road from where we live.

She is finding the saddle a bit uncomfortable so we'll pop into Halfords on Tuesday to look at alternatives. We'll order her bike when we are in there I think.

We'll definitely use them abroad. Where we go in Spain every winter (not this one, obvs) there are miles and miles of boardwalk/promenade which we can cycle on, let alone all the other places we visit each year. I'll start looking at campsites next to cycle paths too. Plus being foldable, when restrictions are reduced, we can pop them in the car and nip out somewhere if we fancy some place different.
We gave ours away

@GMJ bit of thread slip here but hopefully justified.

Like you we bought one from Halfords, a coyote connect. On offer at £500, reduced from £550. My wife only learnt to ride in her 50s and is not confident nor happy sharing roads with traffic. With a bit of coaching she took to it, so I went back to buy a second a few weeks later. They had been increased to £550 again, but I got the manager to let me have it for £500. So when you go back, make sure you ask for discount for the second! It is surprising how often you can get a bit of discount from all sorts of places.

Davy

Reactions: GMJ
Just been and had a look inside Murky. Turned the leisure battery charger off, as the solar should look after that side now. Noticed the 500 watt fan heater was still running, so turned that off too. It’s on a timer so not running all the time. It needs a good clean before we escape, but no panic yet as a few weeks before we can escape.

Finished fitting my new sink. IMG_20210302_142459.jpg
Trimmed round with edging strip & refitted my tap in the corner
IMG_20210306_124015.jpg
Just needs re plumbing now. Also fitted an accumulator to stop the pulsing effect when the tap is turned on.
While I was on a roll, I fitted a couple of small shelves in the bedroom.IMG_20210214_161347.jpg
Top one holds toiletries
IMG_20210306_124041.jpg
Bottom one will hold my phone while on charge.
Also ordered 2x100watt solar panels tonight, just need a controller & some cables now.....

Got the van back from MOT (it's 2nd mot) it had failed on no fog lights to the rear. I then remembered I had left the 13 to 9 pin adapter in the tow bar socket, removed that and bingo fog light worked mot examiner looked at it and said the near side is working but for mot you need one on the off side so after 1 hrs labour from the problem fixed only the n/s is wired up by elddis/peugeot so had to have the o/s wired up to make it work for the mot regulations. So I would advise you to check out the rear fog lights as the mot now wants it on the off side hope this helps someone and saves them money on mot failure

Back