What did you do to your van today?

Replaced our old 4m Omnister 5002 that suffering from tree damage and a worn out gearbox with a new Fiamma F45S.

Emptied out clothes, food etc yesterday.

Today there will be MH cleaning. We always do this straight after a trip so its spick and span ready for the next one.

Started emptying it out a bit (especially the garage which was full of stuff we rarely use) ready for its hab service in Tuesday. Taking it down to Roseisle (Edinburgh) - never used them before so I hope all goes well.

Reactions: 2cv
Inside given a good clean and floor mats taken out and washed. All ready for our next trip now.

Set out to replace the habitation step warning buzzer and after trying to find out online where it is located I saw several posts relating to the earth wire on the micro switch being corroded. Under the van I went to check out, sure enough it was white so bored out the rivet but had to remove the outer casing to reattach the earth wire, phew. When I was undoing the casing I noticed the pinion shaft that operates the arm to push the step out and in was squint, when I finally managed to free the cover I noticed that the servo housing was cracked where the pinion gears are housed. Geezo.
The step always had a droop in the time I have had it which I had put down to wear but on further inspection when weight is put on the step the pinion is pushed sideways due to the broken casing. To resolve this I have bored through the outed casing and tapped the mating side, I now have a 6mm Allen bolt through the step through the outer casing and threaded into the end cover. I now have a firm step but still no warning light and still have not managed to located the buzzer.😂20210523_132344.jpg20210523_140443.jpg20210523_140450.jpg20210523_142602.jpg

Last edited:
Set out to replace the habitation step warning buzzer and after trying to find out online where it is located I saw several posts relating to the earth wire on the micro switch being corroded. Under the van I went to check out, sure enough it was white so bored out the rivet but had to remove the outer casing to reattach the earth wire, phew. When I was undoing the casing I noticed the pinion shaft that operates the arm to push the step out and in was squint, when I finally managed to free the cover I noticed that the servo housing was cracked where the pinion gears are housed. Geezo.
The step always had a droop in the time I have had it which I had put down to wear but on further inspection when weight is put on the step the pinion is pushed sideways due to the broken casing. To resolve this I have bored through the outed casing and tapped the mating side, I now have a 6mm Allen bolt through the step through the outer casing and threaded into the end cover. I now have a firm step but still no warning light and still have not managed to located the buzzer.😂

nice bit o work sam 👍

The step always had a droop in the time I have had it which I had put down to wear but on further inspection when weight is put on the step the pinion is pushed sideways due to the broken casing. To resolve this I have bored through the outed casing and tapped the mating side, I now have a 6mm Allen bolt through the step through the outer casing and threaded into the end cover. I now have a firm step but still no warning light and still have not managed to located the buzzer.😂View attachment 59381View attachment 59382View attachment 59383View attachment 59384
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the step on my van isn't electric so I don't have any experience of fixing them, but I was under the impression that they automatically retract when the ignition is turned on. I suppose it must vary depending on the manufacturer. Anyway, if you need to fix the buzzer it might be easier simply to fit another one in your preferred location rather than trying to track down the existing one

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the step on my van isn't electric so I don't have any experience of fixing them, but I was under the impression that they automatically retract when the ignition is turned on. I suppose it must vary depending on the manufacturer. Anyway, if you need to fix the buzzer it might be easier simply to fit another one in your preferred location rather than trying to track down the existing one
Not this one a Burstner 747 but there is a micro switch that is pressed when the step retracts and trying to trace the wires is a nightmare, by the time I had fixed the motor mount I ended up doing other work to try and free some time up during this week to sort out the handbrake.

Back