What did you do to your van today?

Cleaned and lubricated rear corner steadies
replaced rear yellow flasher bulbs ( getting white looking)
lubricated and released door locks ( lack of use me thinks)
released grey water tap( stiff ) even though it's nylon
tomorrow list to go through as per swmbo wants done afore we get away for a few weeks from friday

Cleaned and lubricated rear corner steadies
replaced rear yellow flasher bulbs ( getting white looking)
lubricated and released door locks ( lack of use me thinks)
released grey water tap( stiff ) even though it's nylon
tomorrow list to go through as per swmbo wants done afore we get away for a few weeks from friday
Enjoy your adventure Gordon

Fixed the broken step !!! I didn't realise that the whole van step was made from fibre glass and that the electric step was bolted through it, so after a quarter of a century the bolts just pulled through (must go on a diet !!), so big bolts and steel plate, job done
Now just to fix the water feed to the washroom taps and we are ready to rock n roll, corona permitting

I just took the carpets out as it's now summer (well, sunny anyway). I also refilled Mrs GMJ's toilet roll and kitchen roll collection!

Cleaned inside windows
left hand side window strut knackered up when cleaned so that's fixed now
cleaned all fly screens
cleaned bbq/fire pit
levels topped up
garage to get sorted out the morn enough done today to nice with sun out

I have to park my motorhome in the next village, about 20mins. walk, and there are some trees with branches that overhang, so the roof can get very dirty. I brought it down to my house the other day for the first time since last August to give it a wash, and plug in the mains to charge up the batteries. The washing took about an hour, and I hate climbing up the ladder to wash the roof, although it's harder, and a bit dangerous, coming back down as the top of the ladder is just below roof level, and it's difficult bending down to get hold of the roof edge then getting my foot on the top rung. After washing, I half filled the on-board fresh water tank, just in case I can afford a long weekend away sometime, then drove back up to where I keep it, so now it's ready, as I said, just in case.

Garage loaded up and cycles strapped in
fuel filled into diesel tank😩
filled up lpg £1*49😡
shifted items in cupboards and new matting fitted in bases
Bought a new coffee percolator and ground coffee( brownie points?)
also some alchol purchased
bought some provisions for my ridgemonkeys 👍

Last edited:
Garage loaded up and cycles strapped in
fuel filled into diesel tank😩
filled up lpg £1*49😡
shifted items in cupboards and new matting fitted in bases
Bought a new coffee percolator and ground coffee( brownie points?)
also some alchol purchased
bought some provisions for my ridgemonkeys 👍
Crumbs Gordon, why was your LPG so expensive?

Eric I was red faced as that’s all I could get
We used it two weekends heating and water one thought it would’ve took more

Think yourselves lucky. There are precious few garages selling LPG around here. I visited a reliable one recently to find it had been locked off as there was a mechanical fault.

I'd have been delighted to pay £1.49 if there'd been an alternative. 😳

Enjoying a pleasant stay at a CCC THS near North Berwick. Only £7 a night. Lots of vans going past the end of the road to pay a fortune to park at Tantallon Campsite.
Tantallon really is too expensive - we're quite happy outside the treatment plant on the beach.
A bit of a trek to town but great for walking the dog.
We've done high summer and low winter - it's always great.

Set out to replace the habitation step warning buzzer and after trying to find out online where it is located I saw several posts relating to the earth wire on the micro switch being corroded. Under the van I went to check out, sure enough it was white so bored out the rivet but had to remove the outer casing to reattach the earth wire, phew. When I was undoing the casing I noticed the pinion shaft that operates the arm to push the step out and in was squint, when I finally managed to free the cover I noticed that the servo housing was cracked where the pinion gears are housed. Geezo.
The step always had a droop in the time I have had it which I had put down to wear but on further inspection when weight is put on the step the pinion is pushed sideways due to the broken casing. To resolve this I have bored through the outed casing and tapped the mating side, I now have a 6mm Allen bolt through the step through the outer casing and threaded into the end cover. I now have a firm step but still no warning light and still have not managed to located the buzzer.😂View attachment 59381View attachment 59382View attachment 59383View attachment 59384
I recently had to do much the same to my omnistep the alloy rail on one side had broken and was only loosely bolted.
I pop riveted a bracket on to restore a decent support and put in a sleeve nut on the other side to spread the load between both flanges

20200204_161438.jpg20200204_161453.jpg

Last edited:
Back on my feet and the shower is finished, new cushion flooring fitted and a big hole drilled through the floor. A good day was had

We are, hopefully getting motorhome back thus week after being in garage since 6th March. Garage wiz gye busy & started about 4 wks later, dismantled engine, did whatever, sent bits away to get whatever done, rebuilt engine and now MOT being done. Just not looking to the dreaded bill. But, we are aiming to get away for 1st time since March at the weekend.
So my job will be cleaning inside and out!

Back