What did you do to your van today?

A few months ago I popped into a local Joiners and they ripped me a long strip of Plywood from a spare sheet.
They cut it to the precise depth I needed, but left it long so I could cut pieces as needed, and very kindly didn't charge me a penny for it :D

For what? Well, I have a good number of Overhead Lockers which are a decent size - for example:
1624789446446.png

But could be maybe more useful? So fitted a few modesty blocks (why are they called "modesty blocks"?)
1624789552953.png

And then a shelf, cut to size and stained to match the woodwork
1624789624014.png

Added Shelves to three of the lockers in total
1624789750983.png

Also added a shelf over the Microwave to allow stuff to be stored without it dropping behind and made a shelf for the wardrobe.

Van filled with fuel,filled water tank,ladder oot and up to roof and washed it ( birds crap from moulton le marsh ) sire
ashed all the van ,
de dusted brake dust on wheels and leed up tyres 👍😀
measured a cupboard to modify for when we retire in March it a underbed one swmbo wants done😩
checked under bonnet ,never used any oil throughout all our trip👍
screenwash was all that needed filling
cleaned out fridge and have some beer ready to go in

Fitted new fan to Thetford toilet .Priced the fan from Thetford they wanted £59.95 .I got two off eBay for £4.50 ....talk about a rip off the fan is only 40mm square.

A fan on a toilet? :unsure:

Have to admit I never knew moho toilets had fans. Is that to get rid of the stink? ;) 😷😁

Seriously though, what is the fan for?

Unfortunately reversed into a low grass bank after missing my turnoff and when I pulled forward head a loud noise 😟😟😟 thankfully no damaged panels, just Looks like things are slightly out of alignment, it has 2 corner panels with the indicators etc and a centre panel Will have a look when home at end of week and if it’s a major strip down will get dealer to do it when in for fitting cycle rack in 2 weeks.

A fan on a toilet? :unsure:

Have to admit I never knew moho toilets had fans. Is that to get rid of the stink? ;) 😷😁

Seriously though, what is the fan for?
Yes, my PVC has one of those too. We've become used to hitting the flush button twice. The second time to turn off the filtered fan, unless, of course........ 🤣

Last edited:
Drained the remnants of the freshwater from our trip last week then filled up again. Washed the van and gave the bike rack a good scrub to get rid of the green algae growing on the black plastic handles ( Everything grows well in Brittany!)
Tidied up the wiring for the new Avtex tv I fitted a couple of weeks ago then treated all the seats with leather cleaner.
Smells like a new van again!

Nice one Harold 👍😀🍺
Good workshop Gordon. £280 for service, including brake cable and linkages, grease of suspension units on rear axles, oil and filter and a drop of gear oil and a CV joint changed to correct an ABS fault. Full price MOT at £54 as well. If you've found a good un stick with eh?

Cheers

H

Good workshop Gordon. £280 for service, including brake cable and linkages, grease of suspension units on rear axles, oil and filter and a drop of gear oil and a CV joint changed to correct an ABS fault. Full price MOT at £54 as well. If you've found a good un stick with eh?

Cheers

H
Don't think that is a costly repair in any way sounds great value imho

Made another tweak yesterday which was handy :)
I really hate rattles (not a good idea to own a Motorhome really if you hate rattles!) and I also want things I use handy and not have to dig around for stuff.
The Awning Handle in my van has no place to go and tended to live under the seat with a bunch of other random stuff on top so found a new rattle-proof home for it ...
A pair of Pipe Clips (think they are 22mm?) at the bottom were just right in keeping the pole tidy but available inside the wardrobe
1625044601771.png

And one at the top (28mm this time? Used whatever I had and happened to fit ;) ) to keep the the handle secure.
1625044750141.png

Any kind of clips could be used - I used the clips I did as I had them already in my plumbing box, but just dead useful having the pole right to hand :D

Made another tweak yesterday which was handy :)
I really hate rattles (not a good idea to own a Motorhome really if you hate rattles!) and I also want things I use handy and not have to dig around for stuff.
The Awning Handle in my van has no place to go and tended to live under the seat with a bunch of other random stuff on top so found a new rattle-proof home for it ...
A pair of Pipe Clips (think they are 22mm?) at the bottom were just right in keeping the pole tidy but available inside the wardrobe
View attachment 60028

And one at the top (28mm this time? Used whatever I had and happened to fit ;) ) to keep the the handle secure.
View attachment 60029

Any kind of clips could be used - I used the clips I did as I had them already in my plumbing box, but just dead useful having the pole right to hand :D
On my first motorhome mine came with clips for mounting the handle, mind you I only used the awning half a dozen times in 18 months of owning the motorhome hence haven’t had one fitted to present motorhome.

Unfortunately reversed into a low grass bank after missing my turnoff and when I pulled forward head a loud noise 😟😟😟 thankfully no damaged panels, just Looks like things are slightly out of alignment, it has 2 corner panels with the indicators etc and a centre panel Will have a look when home at end of week and if it’s a major strip down will get dealer to do it when in for fitting cycle rack in 2 weeks.
I’m a happy camper !
Parked up on a CS in the lakes before heading home so decided to crawl under motorhome and attempt a fix on the rear panels.
Don‘t know if the panels were more pliable due to the heat but I’ve managed to get them back onto position and all look ok.
All I need is a white blanking plug to fit over screw hole which hopefully my Pilote dealer has When I call in tomoss.

Last edited:
Back