What did you do to your van today?

well not today ...twas on friday.........campervan front mudflap hanging off...held on by one screw......
.....GARAGE CHARGED 250 POUNDS........needed a BIT of welding to it...so that screws would stay in..........daylight robbery...
...wouldnt have taken more than half and hour to complete......he has made a right mess of it..into the bargain....
....its all lumpy and bumpy.......he said thats because he coated it with something to stop it rusting???????
? he even managed to get the stuff on the door handles.......wont be going there again

well not today ...twas on friday.........campervan front mudflap hanging off...held on by one screw......
.....GARAGE CHARGED 250 POUNDS........needed a BIT of welding to it...so that screws would stay in..........daylight robbery...
...wouldnt have taken more than half and hour to complete......he has made a right mess of it..into the bargain....
....its all lumpy and bumpy.......he said thats because he coated it with something to stop it rusting???????
? he even managed to get the stuff on the door handles.......wont be going there again
Don’t be to upset, remember his horse needed feeding. ;)

Today we had a sad version of an epic adventure. Earlier in the week we had a phone call reminding us that our MOT had expired. :( Work has been manic so no chance to do the usual pull the wheels of and check the brakes. At least it was booked in for this afternoon. Until the next phone call, "get here as soon as you can" !! Anita did the hard graft of cleaning the windows and I operated the switches to do the light check. I didn't sleep well as I like to have some imaginary control of my life, this felt like it had been taken away. Noticed a reflector missing from painting the side and this required fitting before we set off. After reading some horror stories of your failures and advisories I thought the rules must have tightened up.
What a silly sod I had been, it passed. One advisory for a poor efficiency wiper blade. I asked about tire age and was told that it didn't matter for Class 4 vehicles. They are in date anyways. Not that is does smoke, that's still discretionary by the examiner.
Now we only have two problems, getting time of work and somewhere to go. More Camps required this year (hint) ;)

Don’t be to upset, remember his horse needed feeding. ;)
UPSET...im more than upset..........im fuming at the bit.......i could have had a new fridge freezer for that.............must add i didnt have anything to do with the job or the price.............however i did pay out for it........i would have walked away and got another couple of quotes for it.
.....van gone back up north now......its going in for its speedo tomorrow......hgasnt worked for a while......garageman told daughter what to order off the internet.......duly ordered and recived it minus a part...so had to be reordered again....hope the firm isnt going to charge twice for that..........

UPSET...im more than upset..........im fuming at the bit.......i could have had a new fridge freezer for that.............must add i didnt have anything to do with the job or the price.............however i did pay out for it........i would have walked away and got another couple of quotes for it.
.....van gone back up north now......its going in for its speedo tomorrow......hgasnt worked for a while......garageman told daughter what to order off the internet.......duly ordered and recived it minus a part...so had to be reordered again....hope the firm isnt going to charge twice for that..........
Let’s hope this garage man knows his stuff and is not to pricey.

Back