What did you do to your van today?

took the van for a service asked him to check the brakes grinding etc phoned me up asked if i’d like to have a look found the remains of a largish creature entangled in the front disc/pad unit it looked to be about the size of a squirrel? desiccated & burnt so probably originated in portugal inner face of the disc was scored not certain that’s anything to do with the creature but service new front discs & all pads were £250 service vat etc took it to about £500 and to cap it all he found a bulge in the inner wall of the rear tyre another £100 stay in bed next time lol

took the van for a service asked him to check the brakes grinding etc phoned me up asked if i’d like to have a look found the remains of a largish creature entangled in the front disc/pad unit it looked to be about the size of a squirrel? desiccated & burnt so probably originated in portugal inner face of the disc was scored not certain that’s anything to do with the creature but service new front discs & all pads were £250 service vat etc took it to about £500 and to cap it all he found a bulge in the inner wall of the rear tyre another £100 stay in bed next time lol
Well timed service, the outcome could have been worse than the expense.

Oil the seal faces. It will still seal properly when closed, but there will be less suction when opening the door (same principle as car door seals).

Ref the "Fix Its" ... what might be next to break however ... you never know :)
Greased the fridge seals with Food Grade Silicone Grease, David; seems to have reduced the resistance by about 1/2, but, more importantly, it takes away that horrible feeling when opening the door that the handle will fail before the fridge magnetic seal releases the door! Top tip, thanks.

Steve

Greased the fridge seals with Food Grade Silicone Grease, David; seems to have reduced the resistance by about 1/2, but, more importantly, it takes away that horrible feeling when opening the door that the handle will fail before the fridge magnetic seal releases the door! Top tip, thanks.

Steve
No Probs.
Anyone got a similar tip for household door handles? a lot of my handles are bending as I pull the doors open :( One day they will be snapping!

Washed it again to remove the heavy dust that the windy weather over the last week had deposited; the wind has brought heavy showers so the dust build up on the windscreen had turned into a squelchy mud band sitting on top of each wiper blade. The Leifheit extending window cleaning pole with a mop attachment worked well to get lots of water onto the bodywork [and less over me ...] and probably reduced the wetting and rinsing water needed by about 50%. The Leifheit also has a window cleaner's rubber blade so removing the rinsing water prior to the drying wash leather was a doddle.

Greased the fridge door seals with food grade silicon grease to reduce the magnetic force on the new fridge handle [Thanks, David of wildebus for that Tip!] and then sat back and waited for the Ring RAC 900 Heavy Duty Tyre Inflator to arrive via Amazon. Since they missed the 2 hour delivery window by 1hr 20mins, the Amazon must have been travelled in a dugout canoe. It's the Amazon brass neck 'reassurance' message 'Sorry we missed your 2 hours timeslot [expiry 1715], but don't worry, your parcel will be delivered by 2200' that gets my goat. Never sure whether 'Bloody Amazon' is one word or two ... :unsure: (n)

Steve

Ok smarty but why I did this was to see if folk were reading my posts so 👍
'Good spot, Pike. Wondered whether anyone would notice ...' as Captain Mainwaring would have said :)

Brunhilde has been serviced and washed. Just got the reloading and packing to sort out and then the painful diesel and gas refill tomorrow morning before departure. It'll be another Green Frog visit in sunny Moffat. If you arrive at Hollingsworth first, put a stone on top of the wall. And if we get there first, we'll knock it off ... :giggle: :unsure:

Steve & Elaine

I think we have spent more time at Moffat and Sky than anywhere else.

I think we have spent more time at Moffat and Sky than anywhere else.
Kev, Moffat is an easy [and short] trip from the M74' and it's within 2 hours of home, even during rush hour traffic. And for departures like tomorrow's, when we will need to refill diesel and gas, get the emptied dustbins back, check the GP Blood Test results etc, we can fit this faffing about in without worrying about site arrival time.

Steve

Last weekend when rinsing off the Kayak found my outdoor shower head was knackered :( all seemed ok until used and the water pressure pushed the on/off control off the clips each time. Bought this replacement - https://amzn.to/3PPLEQO - as it looked nice & neat and had good comments from campervan owners :)
Just fitted now and works well so happy days :D

The front fell off the Fridge Salad Drawer, because the Dometic cheap plastic lugs are too brittle. Replacement front panels are criminally expensive so drilled 3mm holes top and bottom on either side and screwed in 4 x 3.5mm self tapping pilot screws, bought for €4.45 for a box of 220 in April this year from the Vilafranca del Pinedes Fereteria. About €0.09 for the materials, compared with £40+ from Dometic

Steve

Back