What did you do to your van today?

Sat waiting for the aircon to be sorted. New condenser; new compressor and fill.
Just need the sun now to test it.

After 10 years my van perhaps needed an uplift to its finish so after seeing their work on Campervannie’s van I decided to book Tourershine. very pleased with result.
Early on in the process they pointed out the difference in finish, best seen through polaroid.

View attachment 62608
The finished result had the van looking better than new.

View attachment 62609View attachment 62610View attachment 62611View attachment 62612View attachment 62613

Noticed today that it’s on their Instagram Link

Sat waiting for the aircon to be sorted. New condenser; new compressor and fill.
Just need the sun now to test it.
Huge bill. Reducing the alcohol intake over the next 12 months

Looking at it on Sunday if all goes to plan.

Reactions: 2cv
Check if your insurance supports a repair or replacement
I’m with Safegard.
It’s just outside the mandatory repair zone and within size limits so perhaps repairable for free, but it’s right on my eye line only just to the right (LHD) of steering wheel. Exactly where I look to monitor the centre line so despite £300 excess I’m hoping it’s replaced.

Oddly the mirror fell off on our last trip so at least I can get to stick that on too.

I had the windscreen on my a class repaired I got a nasty chip when it was one year old it’s been fine for four years now. I was told a new windscreen would cost £3500. I checked my insurance last year and I was only covered for up to £2000 so changed my insurer to one that has no limit windscreen cover.

I had the windscreen on my a class repaired I got a nasty chip when it was one year old it’s been fine for four years now. I was told a new windscreen would cost £3500. I checked my insurance last year and I was only covered for up to £2000 so changed my insurer to one that has no limit windscreen cover.
Absolutely. I have had some Japanese Dometic Market cars and eye watering prices to replace screens. It’s something I check on all my quotes. We got through about one screen a year when I lived up near Harrogate. Lots of quarries, and tipper wagons chucking rocks about.

Back