What did you do to your van today?

I was going to fit a new freezer door/flap hinge, but it's 42c in there so I willn't.
Wimp! I cycled uphill in 38 degree air temperature+ heat from road to try and exact my revenge on a lying caravan centre employee who screwed me out of €10. Had to content myself by using the idiomatic French for a male with Parkinson's pleasuring himself, concluding with 'one of us won't come again' ...
Return journey much slower and hotter after the anger evaporated 🙄

Steve

NUTTER! :D :D

I just looked at the lounge temp in the house 27.9c blinds and curtains all closed on the hot side, we face due south, everything is open on the cooler side, fan going, time for another frappe methinks.

Bought extension lead so that I can turn van around and still reach EHU. Had to park nose first yesterday to make 25m lead stretch, meaning we and our French neighbours could almost walk to each others vans without touching the floor. Very cosy! Also bought cable tidy and an eyelet kit to punch holes in bottom of new bike cover. Its open back enables rainwater to gather in the bottom and give one's feet a bath, especially when trying to reach underneath to access the cassette ... Always a sniff and a silent prayer, 'please make that be rainwater that just hit my sandals' ... 🤭

Steve

Reactions: 2cv
Crawled under van to scrape old paint etc off gasit tank and give it a lovely new coat of paint which should be ok for a couple of years... while under there noticed offside front mudflap hanging at a jaunty angle, closer inspection showed rubber flap was not connected to brackets, which were still clamped to bodywork. Flap was only held by one screw!. Removed and on bench waiting refurb before refitting.
20220818_104425.jpg20220818_130336.jpg
K ;)

Last edited:
I had the MCEA lady round today to look at my sagging bits :( :( it's looking repairable but will need to be done in a garage.

The double step is dropping down on one side when you step on it, the chassis toward the front is very solid no rust at all, so it needs the step taking off and a good solid plate welding in, not sure what thickness to go for though, 1/8" at least I'd think and maybe 1M long x 400 wide not measured it yet.

Any suggestions (nice ones Trevor) gratefully received, better still if you know anyone near Keighley who can do a decent job this side of Christmas and who doesn't charge the earth.

'Quick spit and polish' clean whilst on the aire, mainly focused on removing the deceased insect life from the wing mirrors and the roof area around the sunroof vent. My extending Leifheit window cleaning kit was invaluable! I discovered that a sodden Leifheit cleaning pad had sufficient weight to lift the dead insects with just the shampoo and normal washing (about 3 x the pressure of a carwashing sponge), especially if the cleaning pad is used as you would a sponge. Less effective at the end of a 2.5m pole, but still does the job, eventually...

Steve

Crawled under van to scrape old paint etc off gasit tank and give it a lovely new coat of paint which should be ok for a couple of years... while under there noticed offside front mudflap hanging at a jaunty angle, closer inspection showed rubber flap was not connected to brackets, which were still clamped to bodywork. Flap was only held by one screw!. Removed and on bench waiting refurb before refitting.
View attachment 64186View attachment 64187
K ;)
I hafe to say my underslung tank is in a way worse state than yours hence a new one.20220815_145030.jpg

Yours looks bigger than mine... ooh err missus! Aye the rust was pretty superficial so I am comfortable just refurbishing every couple of years. Would be nice to have a bigger nice shiney tank like yours though.
K ;)

Yours looks bigger than mine... ooh err missus! Aye the rust was pretty superficial so I am comfortable just refurbishing every couple of years. Would be nice to have a bigger nice shiney tank like yours though.
K ;)
Its a 38ltr tank .the wost bit is going to get the old tank off as its bolted through the floor and i carnt get at the bolt heads now but ill get there.

Back