What did you do to your van today?

Had to look that one up

Freedom ;) ;)

Kept out the way !
It may be 3 weeks before we fly to Thailand but,
Nida already sorting and pre-packing etc.
All vg as we can decide what to leave in the vehicle over the winter.
Eg jumpers which we do not, usually, n.eed in Thailand.
PS I tidied the "outside storage" still got the cadac..any offers ?
I am reluctant to dump it but ?????

Ordered 2 sets of FAWO Plopp Door Retainers (the plastic fittings that hold you hab door and lockers open when it's windy, until they begin to wear, and then they don't ...) from Southdown Motorhomes. Tried to order them before leaving home, but there is a minimum 7 days delivery time. At the end of May, they were £9 per set of 5 catches, now £9.65, so 7%+ increase in 12 weeks ...
I'll put the spare set to one side and watch my investment grow ... 🙄

Steve

Could you not put some large heatshrink over it?🤪🤣
Not as daft as it first sounds... if the tank is exposed to road grit from front wheels, stonechip will give some protection but if very exposed I would be tempted to stick on some of that roof flashing, the sort with the very thin lead backed by bitumen,
Not quite heatshrink but on the same lines.
K ;)
Or a large alloy shield :rolleyes:

Sold it, going to buy a caravan and an electric bicycle! 🤔View attachment 64208

Last week in Ireland I was stuck In traffic on a motorway with a tractor up front and this car passed on the outside lane wae four lads wae there arms in the air shouting freedom as loud as they could as they passed me. Made my day they noticed my sticker on the back I was in stches the way they done it great banter.
03095B29-4316-4D67-93D0-57BD08384B39.jpeg

Christina was paranoid when we stopped off at Necastle Northern Ireland for the night having the Irish flag and Saoirse on the back of the van. 😂.20220821_121145.jpg

We always get the thumbs up especially down south. We were once parked up in a french services having a cup of tea and a bus pulled in wae a load of wee Chinese wae cameras must have been fifty of them taking it in turn tae get there photo done under that sticker. We we’re knotted watching them posing and pointing.

If doing a gas tank, shot blast it and one coat of 2 pack zink rich epoxy followed by a coat of coal tar epoxy, other wise wasting your time.

Well - the van has finally been given a new look with the side panels removed and a new paint job !
It still has get it's new stickers & stripes but can wait till I get back over the water.
As per normal I played the role of gofer to the extremely hard working Iain - Fergie1061.
Huge thanks to him.
It still has its bumps and bashes proudly earned over its 32 years - let it wear them with pride !

IMG_20220824_134312902.jpgIMG_20220824_134412781.jpgIMG_20220824_134346798.jpg

Back