What did you do to your van today?

Bought a folding table from Leclerc for outside eating. The non folding version was 80cm long, too big to store safely, so we bought the folding version of 2 x 60cm halves. Like sitting at a baronial feasting table ... It's ok when the baguette is intact, because we can pass it like a baton; but as we eat chunks off it, the need for longer arms bevomes evident 🙄👍

Steve

Bought a folding table from Leclerc for outside eating. The non folding version was 80cm long, too big to store safely, so we bought the folding version of 2 x 60cm halves. Like sitting at a baronial feasting table ... It's ok when the baguette is intact, because we can pass it like a baton; but as we eat chunks off it, the need for longer arms bevomes evident 🙄👍

Steve
Pass the marmalade honey 😀it will be like in a western with a dram getting slid doon to you steve🥃

Don't know about you but I get really pissed off with the window trims when they have shrunk in the sun and they take the short cut across the corners. After sitting and staring at the skylight trim for weeks I decided I needed to do something about it.

Before :
before.jpeg

Having watched you tube I decided to mark the screw locations with masking tape and to remove each fitting one at a time and insert the new trim before fixing the fitting back using the original holes.

1.jpeg

I worked my way around the whole skylight until back at the start and just overlapped the ends by about an inch and cut so they were under a fitting and screwed down.

after.jpeg

Hopefully this will last a good few years before it starts to cut corners again.

Along with the trim I purchased a trim insertion tool as recommended by the suppliers Seals Direct. I couldn't get on with the tool and ended up using a plastic wedge trim tool. Anyhow the skylight looks a whole load better and I can now stop staring at it !

Paul

Don't know about you but I get really pissed off with the window trims when they have shrunk in the sun and they take the short cut across the corners. After sitting and staring at the skylight trim for weeks I decided I needed to do something about it.

Before :
View attachment 63387

Having watched you tube I decided to mark the screw locations with masking tape and to remove each fitting one at a time and insert the new trim before fixing the fitting back using the original holes.

View attachment 63388

I worked my way around the whole skylight until back at the start and just overlapped the ends by about an inch and cut so they were under a fitting and screwed down.

View attachment 63389

Hopefully this will last a good few years before it starts to cut corners again.

Along with the trim I purchased a trim insertion tool as recommended by the suppliers Seals Direct. I couldn't get on with the tool and ended up using a plastic wedge trim tool. Anyhow the skylight looks a whole load better and I can now stop staring at it !

Paul
Nice one Paul .

Anita commented on the dirty fly screen in Murky's Fiamma turbo-vent premium. (comments are best taken as orders!) What a horrible thing to clean. An awful amount of screws are required to be removed. Having removed the offending parts it was much dirtier than expected. The touch control is a bit temperamental, so I thought I'd order a new one. I don't think so, it's over half the price of a new one! So if you have problems with yours, just buy a new fan and use it as spares for your old fan. Saves cleaning and you have to strip out most of it anyways.

Checked the new solar trickle charger which has been sitting in the sun all day. Connected via SOBD socket which, I understand, is always live? Not any evidence of power input to battery.....remains the same charge as when booked up? :cry: Will leave in for another day before final judgement...how trickle is trickle? 5w panel.For van battery which seems to have a small parasitic drain.

Cut Elaine's hair, which was quite brave, considering that we're not on EHU, so prayers to the Hairdresser in the Sky that the Trimmers would have enough residual current. Just need to remember to keep the mirrors covered up for the next 3 weeks 🤭

Steve

Made a template to cut and fit carpet into living area. Lots of angles so not a trivial job. Fitted a second refillable gas cylinder. I asked this forum for tips to route the level sensor cable to the Hymer electrical control panel.

Finished cutting and installing the carpet.
Looks neat :)
I've been contemplating removing the carpet from the MH bathroom and fitting vinyl but the awkward bits around the loo is putting me off :(

Back