What did you do to your van today?

Cleaned out the garage gave it a wash replaced six of the outside locker tie back clips that either broke or went a weird colour. Chuffed ready for another trip.
Still waiting for my replacement locker catches to arrive. I ordered 2 sets so that I have a set in reserve for when the replacements begin to wear out again, but there is no sign of any delivery date yet. Another chaser email sent today ... Since Friday, the bike shop lost the keys to my new bike, the locker catches have failed to arrive, Amazon have failed to meet a delivery promise on 3 occasions, and the SPSO has returned my Complaint about the National Registers of Scotland to NRS for remedial action, without telling me, and we have had to ask our phone provider to dig out a record of a phone call that I made in mid April from Spain in connection with the Census fiasco to proves that NRS playing silly buggers on their Helpline really did cost me £5 ... It's cost a good couple of thousand £with NRS having to reply to several emails from me and undertake Stage 1 & Stage 2 formal investigations, but that's bureaucracy mixed with corporate arrogance masquerading as a public service ...

And breathe ...

BTW, Wully, did you seal the cupboard/locker catches with Sikaflex to protect against moisture ingress? It looks like there's a black line of sealant on the old catches

Steve

I got original catches from brownhills eBay shop £4.50 each got six and they delivered in 48 hours. think I’ll order another six and keep as spares. There’s someone on eBay selling two discoloured second hand ones for £40 not bad😁 I used a non setting sealant I use for roof light windows just in case I need to change them again down the line

I got original catches from brownhills eBay shop £4.50 each got six and they delivered in 48 hours. think I’ll order another six and keep as spares. There’s someone on eBay selling two discoloured second hand ones for £40 not bad😁 I used a non setting sealant I use for roof light windows just in case I need to change them again down the line
I ordered my catches from Southdown Motorhomes. They get their supplies from a Trade only supplier in Uttoxeter who had loads in late May, but who wouldn't supply me because I had no VAT Number ... The catches cost £9.90 for a set of 5, up from £9 in May, plus delivery. My bill for 2 sets was £23.30, including Postage etc

Steve

I ordered my catches from Southdown Motorhomes. They get their supplies from a Trade only supplier in Uttoxeter who had loads in late May, but who wouldn't supply me because I had no VAT Number ... The catches cost £9.90 for a set of 5, up from £9 in May, plus delivery. My bill for 2 sets was £23.30, including Postage etc

Steve
Southdown Motorhomes are usually very good value, but tend to want to sell in bulk. I used to buy my CBE Products from them at units of 100+ at a time!

Yesterday i rehung the fresh water and wast tank + the new gas tank. I also used a wire brush on a angle grinder and did all of the chassis.I then put two coats of zinc primer + a coat of twinpack paint on. It was metalic brown as i got it for nothing beggars can't be choosers lol !!! So it's looking nice and tidy under there. It is gettting one final coat of lano guard to seal it all up and then I've a shield to go in front of the gas bottle.

20220907_093432.jpg

Yesterday i rehung the fresh water and wast tank + the new gas tank. I also used a wire brush on a angle grinder and did all of the chassis.I then put two coats of zinc primer + a coat of twinpack paint on. It was metalic brown as i got it for nothing beggars can't be choosers lol !!! So it's looking nice and tidy under there. It is gettting one final coat of lano guard to seal it all up and then I've a shield to go in front of the gas bottle.

View attachment 64336
Nice job, Jeff; looks like new!

Steve

Cleaned the yellowing fridge vents and toilet cassette door frame with acetone came up like new. Washed them first cleaned with acetone rinsed well View attachment 64337View attachment 64338then a bit of polish. Wished I’d took a before picture these were really yellow.
You're probably too young to remember the advertising slogan, 'You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent. Pepsodent!' ... They don't write 'em like that any more, something for which we should be very grateful ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Back