What did you do to your van today?

Played around between the rain bursts with the extra Fiamma Bike Frame Block to reach the walk trough frame of our new electric bikes. Then the back rack bags arrived, seemed to fit quite well; and then it was time to test the new Abus folding security locks for the bikes. I wasn't sure whether I needed the 120cm version or the slightly lighter, less bulky 90cm [which were available as a twin pack, with 4 matched keys], so I chose the latter. Of course, I should have gone for the 120cm versions ... In the short term I can bridge any gap between the Folding Locks by using my existing Abus security cable lock, but I really shall have to buy a further 120cm Folding Lock to improve security and give enough slack. The Folding Locks are 6 x 15cm high tensile arms riveted together, but the design wastes about 1/2 of the arm at each end where the loop around is made ... If the lock had had 1 more 15cm arm, and the 2 outside arms shortened to 7.5cm, the shorter lock would have been perfect :rolleyes: .

Steve

I looked at Birdie longingly this morning... does that count? :giggle:
Tomorrow or Friday I'm going to try driving her for the first time since my spine op. Fingers crossed pretty please...
Hi. We didn’t know about your op. Hope you have recovered. Were you driving Birdie at Stratford.

Had some work done to the van today timing belt changed full service oil and all the filter’s and other fluids. The company that done the work are mobile after he finished he checked the whole van over repaired a fault in my tail light that three other supposed auto electricians couldn’t find it was a fault in the wiring to the towbar socket. He even checked and lubrecated the door hinges a wee detail but so professional. I would highly recommen this company breath of fresh air. They are based in Lanark and do all types of motorhome repairs and installations.
View attachment 63299
What was the cost please, looking for a reputable garage to do mine.

Hi. We didn’t know about your op. Hope you have recovered. Were you driving Birdie at Stratford.
Aw bless you. Yes all good now thanks and driving Birdie without any problems 🤗

Reactions: 2cv
I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
We smashed out a wardrobe and removed the gas fire. Installed a diesel heater and built a new bench seat to increase comfort and living space. We have some of that on our youtube channel.

Oil and filter change, air filter change. The air filter was a freekin task on an A class they did not think of that when designing the body, tiny gap to get through under a two inch hose wire looms above almost an hour to change a filter many bumps and bruises to my head. Dreading doing the fuel filter which is located further back but that won't be this week.

Ordered the door and locker external catches after Southdown Motor Homes were unable to obtain stock. Placed the order with Halesowen Caravan Centre online just as the business was closing for the day. Phoned at 9amto check that they actually had them in stock, 'Yes, in fact I've already packaged them up and they'll be with you tomorrow. I bought 2 sets, so 10 locker catches for £26.51 incl. Tracked Delivery. Then the fun starts ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Unblocked the tip up sink drain in the shower room. Dug out the disgusting hairs and gunge then poured Two wee tins of Aldi Tonic Water (Mediterranean flavour ;) ) and waited an hour then poured clean water in and it ran away quickly, job done.
You have to be a sparky, plumber, chemist, joiner and mechanic to be self sufficient with these vans when away on the road.
K ;)

Back