What did you do to your van today?

went out today in the van :D
well, short drive to a local motor part factors as car playing up following service a week ago :( why do things break immediately after you do something that is meant to be good for them??
Anyway. New part bought and fitted and seems to be working now. Garage wanted £80 to replace sensor. Bought from Factors for £13 and took around 5 minutes to actually find where it was in the engine bay and swap it over.
Tell me about it Monday had a tow bar fitted on our 2004 xc90 so my lad can tow his caravan.
Now the parking sensors are not working.
Fitter had to move the control unit to feed cables behind it .it's a plastic box .old age

Lots of looking and measuring to see if a Garmin BC40 [2nd] low level reversing camera will fit in the number plate area before I waste money by placing the order. The original wired camera is fine, but the bikes and bike cover render it useless for parking in less than a 30-40 feet space, because the lens has to be raised towards the heavens. It is a 'solve one problem and create another'!

One option is to put the bikes on the Rack and fit the Cover; then get some 'T Track' bolts to slide along the underside of the bike wheel rails, cover most of the protruding thread with some aluminium sleeving that I have kicking around, and then use a [kicking around] offcut of L profile aluminium to bolt on to the bottom of the T Track bolts, flat face outermost, to give a flat surface for bolting on the camera. Need to have a wee play!

Steve
Steve I fastened my BC20 to one of the fixings on the rear number plate, still working after about 6 years.

Steve I fastened my BC20 to one of the fixings on the rear number plate, still working after about 6 years.
The BC40 is very different in ways to fix to the BC20 and the BC30 (which I have and have fastened same as you).

My number plate is attached only with the sticky adhesive strips, Eric! If there's enough space [it will be very tight], I'll look at fixing the Garmin number plate template through the bottom 2 fixings in the registration plate pre-formed zone [top area covered by a cross member] to beef up the fixing whilst covering the drill holes.

Steve

Tell me about it Monday had a tow bar fitted on our 2004 xc90 so my lad can tow his caravan.
Now the parking sensors are not working.
Fitter had to move the control unit to feed cables behind it .it's a plastic box .old age
Tow bar worth more than the car at that age, next door dumped there 7 year old car cause it required a clutch, to old to fix.

I had to find a plumbers merchants, here in Olhao Portugal, to buy some plastic pipe glue, to fix the grey water 💧 waste which somehow became unglued and nearly fell off yesterday.
Anyway I managed to get the correct glue and have sorted it, no more worries about grey water leaking.

i bet its an autotrail !!!
No a Burstner but in its defence it's been down some pretty rough roads here in Portugal recently, it's amazing it stayed on, if I'd lost the tap, it would have been a much more difficult problem to solve.

Tow bar worth more than the car at that age, next door dumped there 7 year old car cause it required a clutch, to old to fix.
2004 c 90 .2.5manual .
Wrong xc90 2.5 d (manual)
Very hard to find especially with 75 k Miles .
Caravan pullers love them

Hmm.

Mine is an Autotrail 635SE, and it doesn't have the same ring. ☹️

Compared against David's brilliant graphic, I honestly don't think either of us would call any part of our van a "Cough". 🤔

Fitted new front brake pads this morning. It was easier than I anticipated. I had an operation on my left hand in January and its still not right so I was considering chickening out and paying the local indie to do it. Luckily he was too busy...
Just the front tyres to fit now and we are ready for the off in April.
K ;)

Back