What did you do to your van today?

After chasing, cajoling and having my pleading face on with my garage, they finally completed the work identified during it's MOT done a couple of weeks ago.
The mechanic even stayed late last night to get the test done as I suspect he was glad to see the back of it cluttering up the workshop !!
I have been busy loading it up with everything I need ( that I can think of) for my first real trip of the year.
It starts tomorrow and I aim to be back early May.
Then it a case of rinse and repeat from now till at least the clocks change again !!

Just made up some new tie down strap as the fiamma ones I bought where crap so got my mams old sewing machine out and sorted some new straps outView attachment 66659
What did you find up with the Fiamma ones? Had they just aged out? (straps only last so many seasons when left out in the rain and sun).

Yours do look good :) top part slides into the awning channel?

We made a goulash in the Slow Cooker a couple of days ago, using the inverter and Leisure Battery in the M/Home to see if were a feasible proposition for our next tri[. When cleaning up afterwards, I noticed that the lead had brushed against the Cooker and the lead insulation had begun to melt, but not to the point where the outer cover had been destroyed. To avoid future problems, I cut off the preformed plug. slid a black heatshrink cover over the cable outer insulation and then fitted a new plug with a new 3 amp fuse.

We could have bought a new Slow Cooker ofr less than £20, but the capacities have been reduced on the new models of smaller Slow Cooker, and the existing 2.5 Litre total capacity works well for us

Steve

I just wasn't impressed the way they fitted .
Ah. The fiamma straps I have don't fit on the Fiamma Awning I have (I got them for the Fiamma Caravanstore). Using a couple of elastic straps to adapt to suit :)

Another little jobbie :)
The sealant on the drivers side has gone awol. Been like that for a while. No signs of any damp ingress but as I am doing titivation around the old thing, may as well do this (y)

Trouble is I am absolute rubbish at applying sealants generally and Sikaflex is no exception :(
So thought would put tape on both sides and not worry too much about overspill?

Sikaflex seal
by David, on Flickr

Bit of a close up with Sikaflex applied with tape there

Sikaflex seal
by David, on Flickr

And tape pulled off

Sikaflex seal
by David, on Flickr

Looks ok surprisingly. main thing is there is no gap. Shame I forgot to use the tape on the first couple of feet on the section behind the wheelarch! Will give that a clean up once the Sika is dry!!

Todays activity .... Plugged in the EHU Lead :p (exciting huh!)

Well, I replaced the EHU Housing last month and it occured to me last night that I had not actually checked it afterwards 🤡, so seemed like a wise thing to do :unsure:?

Yup, it works (y)

Back