What did you do to your van today?

First time I’d set foot in the van for a while. I did the necessary update to the built in sat nav.

19084FD6-038C-4523-9204-5DA5ECAF78CE.png

All these clever people ... I just put a heat padded table protector cloth on the table, under the pvc table cloth.

Made a third berth to accommodate our 3.1/2 year old granddaughter. Cut a base from 3/8 ply approx 48"x24" with shaped corners to fit across the two front cab seats when they are rotated to 90 degrees. The squabs need to be adjusted as flat as possible and the base is flat and level and secure.
For the "mattress" I simply used the two backs from the lounge bench seats. They are not used when we sleep as two single beds so are ideal and are the exact size for the new bed.
I will need to curtain off the front side of the bed so she doesn't fiddle with controls and switches etc and fit a side to the rear side of the bed to stop her falling off - we have one for when she stays with us at home so I just need to adapt my new base to accept that.
So I am chuffed I have a solution that has cost nothing really. A good hours work.

K ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 4
van arrived from further north ..down to my house today......looking at it thru window......too cold and windy to go and do anything to it...........want to put new curtains in it....new carpet...etc and a few more little job..

so answer to question...what have i done in van today......ashamed to say NOWT...HOWEVER, THE THOUGHT WAS THERE.

Trimmed the sharp edges of the seat valances with push on edge protector and lined some more shelves with thin closed cell foam rubber to eliminate rattles.

Added a padlock to the universal joint on the steering column which attaches to a chain fixed to the drivers seat chassis. This is in addition to the stoplock pro and the drivers seat being turned backwards and chained to the steering wheel.
Following the train of thought that states layers of visible security are the best deterrent, although I still accept a break in looking for valuables is more likely and virtually impossible to prevent.

Davy

Refitted the towbar, I remove it when travelling to Europe because of the weight, I only need it in the UK for towing my Panda on the A frame and I have to drop the van off at Canvey Island for repair on Monday morning so need the Panda to return home

changed the oil and filter this morning 6 ltrs 0f 0/30 supplied by opie oils great service and price

Made some wheel covers for when the van is standing in the rain ( if we ever get any again ...) My wheels are the standard steel wheels for the Ducato and I don't need to protect the tyres from UV as I wear them out before they get old. I just wanted to stop rain getting through the holes in the rim, soaking the brakes and causing corrosion and seizing problems.
I made a cardboard template in a banana shape covering just half of the holes in the rim. I traced the shape onto some Corex board I have ( corrugated plastic stuff estate agents sale boards are made from). I then made a clip for each end of the cover which when pop riveted in place locates in the holes in the rim and enables the cover to be held in place. A quick spray with silver wheel paint and on they went.
They only cover the top half of each wheel rim so the air can still circulate via the bottom holes in the rim. They should keep my brakes and sensors etc dry.

Again, all from stuff I had lying around so cost nowt.

K ;)

Empty'd the toilet and grey water, filled with fresh but waited until the sun went in, it would have been to warm.

Saxonborg said "Insulated the hot air pipe that runs from the Truma boiler under the chassis to the front outlets. It runs in another pipe but it is not insulated and the outer pipe actually gets warm so wasting heat to the atmosphere." (Sorry, can't get quotes to work)
How did you do this saxonborg? I have the same problem.

Back