What did you do to your van today?

This weeks jobs...
I've uprated the factory fitted solar system on our Bailey.
Fitted an extra 300w of solar panels, removed the cables going to into the consumer unit and run them direct to 2x110 batteries.
And wired up old existing panel that was already on the van to free standing 110 amp battery and regulator for our inverter. Just a few cable clips needed..Screenshot_20190223-163635_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20190223-163659_Facebook.jpg

Saxonborg said "Insulated the hot air pipe that runs from the Truma boiler under the chassis to the front outlets. It runs in another pipe but it is not insulated and the outer pipe actually gets warm so wasting heat to the atmosphere." (Sorry, can't get quotes to work)
How did you do this saxonborg? I have the same problem.
I bought a two metre length of Armaflex pipe insulation, 80mm bore and 13mm wall thickness, I slit it along the length and fed it on to the exposed pipe, I then held it in place with tie wraps(zip ties) roughly every 150mm. I didn’t tighten the tie wraps fully but just gradually until the cut faces of the insulation came together. The aluminium corrugated pipe which I insulated is held up by thin section metal “P” clips, the insulation easily goes over these with leaving much pipe exposed.

(Sorry, can't get quotes to work)
How did you do this saxonborg? I have the same problem.

If you hit the Reply button under someone's post (look bottom right of every post), it'll put their bit in quotes for you... then you can carry on typing your reply below theirs, in the same box :)

I bought a two metre length of Armaflex pipe insulation, 80mm bore and 13mm wall thickness, I slit it along the length and fed it on to the exposed pipe, I then held it in place with tie wraps(zip ties) roughly every 150mm. I didn’t tighten the tie wraps fully but just gradually until the cut faces of the insulation came together. The aluminium corrugated pipe which I insulated is held up by thin section metal “P” clips, the insulation easily goes over these with leaving much pipe exposed.
Thanks for that - much appreciated!

If you hit the Reply button under someone's post (look bottom right of every post), it'll put their bit in quotes for you... then you can carry on typing your reply below theirs, in the same box :)
Thanks - got that to work.

But I was also trying to reply to (and quote) both at the same time. Pressed the Quote on each of the 2 posts and it said they had been added to Multi-quote but then they seemed to get lost??

But I was also trying to reply to (and quote) both at the same time. Pressed the Quote on each of the 2 posts and it said they had been added to Multi-quote but then they seemed to get lost??
Ah yes, there's one final button to hit after pressing Quote on more than one post... when you click a cursor inside the posting area, another box usually pops up with the quotes inside and you have to press the 'Add multiquotes' button. Something very like that anyway. If you don't add them to the post like this, as you say they just seem to vanish. That's how it is on my laptop... not sure if it's the same on a phone or tablet but I'll give it a try at some point ?

Ah yes, there's one final button to hit after pressing Quote on more than one post... when you click a cursor inside the posting area, another box usually pops up with the quotes inside and you have to press the 'Add multiquotes' button. Something very like that anyway. If you don't add them to the post like this, as you say they just seem to vanish. That's how it is on my laptop... not sure if it's the same on a phone or tablet but I'll give it a try at some point ?
Just testing on iPad....

Thanks for that - much appreciated!
No problem, the insulation is not easy to find locally I got mine from “pipelagging” at Irlam nr Manchester.
It’s available online but the postage is nearly as much as the insulation.

No problem, the insulation is not easy to find locally I got mine from “pipelagging” at Irlam nr Manchester.
It’s available online but the postage is nearly as much as the insulation.
Thank you both.

Got the multi-quoting to work n discovered all the previous ones I'd selected still there!

Hope I remember for the next time ?

Cleaned alloy wheels on motorhome with sons expensive special cleaner, didnt wash bodywork as clean enough due to incessant rain and wind during my Scotland trip lol.

The darned silicone around the window reveals was all lifting off the Morland vinyl faced ply that I used, so I removed all of the silicone then cleaned everything thoroughly with meths before then applying a thin bead of white Stixall.
I might do exactly the same in the shower/loo room where the lining of all 4 walls are is the same Morlands vinyl faced ply where I normally have to re-do the darned silicone on an annual basis as it starts to loose its powers of adhesion!

Just updated the built in TomTom satnav in the van that I never use, prefer my German camper satnav.
Thanks to 2CV for the thread either on here or the wildcamping site for the info regarding the update which if not done could potentially stop the satnav working, something to do with the gps week number rollover.

Reactions: 2cv
Checked all the lights and removed sat navs and other windscreen obstructions prior to an MoT Tuesday. Must remove the headlight protectors with the black tape on before then as well.

Fitted reversing sensors on the back. £9 on eBay for the kit but had to splice a couple of yards of extra cable for the monitor. This time I ran the cable under the chassis instead of trying to route through all the cupboards (yeah, I know you all knew about that ?)... Hanging rail in the boot for coats, sucker hooks in the shower for wet coats and a 12v socket on the dash for the GPS. Nb I removed the useless pop up phone holder on the (Ducato) dash and lined the space with rubber mat.

Fitted LED light bulbs in the Hymer (too dim as standard) then fitted tyre pressure monitor and a few other bits...

Back