What did you do to your van today?

After repairing the roof over the last few days, and happy with it, so today, before it rained, I decided to wash the roof, in the end I ended up washing it all over, looking good, I figured that the rain could assist me in rinsing it off

Reactions: 2cv
Replaced the screen washer pump and reservoir

Just fitted a 4 way remote lights switch,so i can now switch on step,main ,front cab and fuel cut of from a distance away from the van.

Just fitted a 4 way remote lights switch,so i can now switch on step,main ,front cab and fuel cut of from a distance away from the van.
pray, tell us more

As it was a warm dry I opened the door for a couple of hours .just to change the air .

Ripped out the 12v to 240v inverter on the bathroom light fitting after it burnt out the fluoro bulb, and replaced the whole internal caboodle with part of a cheap led strip I bought from Lidl last year which uses 12v 'naturally'. I still had all the adapter bits from the light strip because I never throw anything "useful" away. ;)

Obviously I bought 2 new replacement fluoro bulbs before figuring out that the inverter had packed up!

New lighting
DSC_0350.JPG

Knackered inverter board.
DSC_0351.JPG

Its good to know that even in the Sierra Nevada I can still perform a functional bodge job. :D

Started upgrading solar panels. And regulator.
300w for the habitation side off the van.with 2 x110 ah batts

Then a separate 120w panel and regulator with 2x 105 ah batts just for the inverter free standing not connected to the habitation side of van.

Ripped out the 12v to 240v inverter on the bathroom light fitting after it burnt out the fluoro bulb, and replaced the whole internal caboodle with part of a cheap led strip I bought from Lidl last year which uses 12v 'naturally'. I still had all the adapter bits from the light strip because I never throw anything "useful" away. ;)

Obviously I bought 2 new replacement fluoro bulbs before figuring out that the inverter had packed up!

New lighting
View attachment 42863

Knackered inverter board.
View attachment 42864

Its good to know that even in the Sierra Nevada I can still perform a functional bodge job. :D
I use these at £1.50 and they fit inside most lamp units.

flosy b.jpgstrip lights.jpg

Finally discovered where the pollen filter is located on my MK7 Transit, there was nothing there so purchased a new one and fitted it today.

Just looked at it then the horrible weather decided that i cannot do what i want to do it today :mad:

Last Saturday I altered the wiring to our Blaupunkt New York media system fitted to our van which switches off after 20 mins when Parked up, I found that it’s quite a nuisance having to keep switching it back on.
I had an Auto electrician to look at it to change the wiring so that I could switch it on manually and for the system to stop on until I switched it off.

After about 1 hour he said it couldn’t be done because off the canbus system and also the wiring colours were not what he expected, anyway I’ve put up with this for nearly 2 years so Saturday I took the bull by the horns.

Armed with my multi meter I found the permanent live which was red and yellow and the ignition live which was blue, I removed some of the dash and the gear lever cover so that I could get my new wires where I wanted to fit a switch.

I cut the blue ignition wire and fitted a fuse holder from the radio down to the switch and ran another wire from the switch to the red and yellow permanent live. I refitted the dash panel and gear cover and now I can turn my Dab radio or play a dvd without the radio turning off every 20 minutes. If I just turn the radio on with its own on off button it still works on the 20 minute cycle.

What should have taken a couple of hours took me most of the afternoon with having to work out the wiring which the Auto electrician couldn’t.

John.

Back