What did you do to your van today?

Malcolm’s sorting it out for us going away (hopefully) for the weekend

Been prepping the "Yami" since Saturday for the meet at Hereford. Not had a trip out since July last year (med probs) so loads to do and sort out. All has gone well with gas/elec/12v/solar/heating/hot water/ but have a real problem in getting the bloody thing to shine! The cab area is no problem it's the main body (GRP) etc - any ideas?

Been prepping the "Yami" since Saturday for the meet at Hereford. Not had a trip out since July last year (med probs) so loads to do and sort out. All has gone well with gas/elec/12v/solar/heating/hot water/ but have a real problem in getting the bloody thing to shine! The cab area is no problem it's the main body (GRP) etc - any ideas?

Perhaps try giving it a wash with Muc Off motorhome and caravan cleaner Wet the van a little. Spray it on with a garden sprayer and leave for a few minutes. Lightly brush with a soft brush, then rinse off. Should give you a good shine.

Not out in the van for a couple of weeks and hadn’t bothered to connect to mains as solar will keep the batteries topped up. However the forecast is possible frost later this week so today I plugged in and set up my little anti frost heater, also drained water and boiler and opened the taps.

Not out in the van for a couple of weeks and hadn’t bothered to connect to mains as solar will keep the batteries topped up. However the forecast is possible frost later this week so today I plugged in and set up my little anti frost heater, also drained water and boiler and opened the taps.
You've just hit my paranoid button! Which part of the world are you at the moment? We are in lowland Shropshire and the lowest temps overnight are expected to be between 3 and 7c. I have today filled up the freshwater tank, the boiler tank, tested the taps etc so do I now need to drain down again?

Cleaned her out inside ready for first trip this year, beer and rugby festival here we come(y)(y)

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv
You've just hit my paranoid button! Which part of the world are you at the moment? We are in lowland Shropshire and the lowest temps overnight are expected to be between 3 and 7c. I have today filled up the freshwater tank, the boiler tank, tested the taps etc so do I now need to drain down again?

It’s a bit colder up here in Glasgow, -1 forecast on Friday night. Should be ok where you are I think.

Bought a new world band radio for listening to in the van. It came with a separate FM radio/ MP3 player/ recorder.
Excellent sound quality and delivered from HK in 4 days!
89B531A1-4C3F-41D8-867C-A9D34C058718.jpeg90187139-A682-48E8-9AD5-10793E3346A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Daughter's antique MH needed MOT so it has been parked on our drive while Lee sorted out lights, exhaust etc. Failed yesterday (not a surprise) so he has taken it to garage to have the failed things fixed - hopefully in time for them to come to Hereford. They might have to resort to the trailer tent again!

Washed the van after our recent trip round the Black Isle. It was dusty rather than dirty but somewhere had gathered a whole load of bird s**t on the roof which had to come off soonest. I also remembered to put the sat dish up before I got onto the roof so I could clean underneath it - I normally forget and just can’t be bothered to clamber all the way down the ladder and back up just to raise the dish!

Cleaned the squashed wildlife off the windscreen, mirrors and front of the van! Amazing diversity of insect life..shame it was all dead! :oops:

EGR valve, removal, examinatipn, flush out, refit, and VCDS test, wouldn't want to do these daily ...

• Well Done
Back