What did you do to your van today?

Took the van for a drive to clean the rust off the discs and to fill up with lpg.
It now has 2 full 11kg tanks and 4 shiny brake discs.

Off for a road trip today in mine :)

going to hit double figures by the time back from Sainsburys on a "click and collect" mission (y)

Went to get some mustard from the store cupboard....all the tins are freezing cold and dripping with condensation :eek:
Have left the cupboard door open as the van felt really warm in the sun so thought that might even the temperature out. Might have to get some water absorption crystals. Can't heat it overnight as too far away from the barn.

...... But then heard on news that two women have been fined for travelling 5 miles to a local spot to go for a walk. Police stopped them. And said that they were not allowed. Even told one woman the takeaway coffee she had constituted a picnic and that was a definite no no. So I think I will let it sit on drive. Cannot understand that you can by a coffee etc. Or takeaway but if you eat it out(not at home) it's a picnic. This happened Derbyshire area. Think that was a bit over zealous policeman. Agree things need to tighten up. But I think it should be explained more Brian.
Update to above:

Went to our secure compound, paid the bill for six months storage fees, and started her up. :p

It sounded wonderful to take her up to 2000rpm and keep her there whilst we thoroughly checked her out. She's still good to go.

We sat there with huge smiles on our faces, knowing that every day that goes by gets us ever closer to travelling again.

We'll follow all the rules, of course, because it would be disgraceful not to, but perhaps shortly this year.......... :sneaky:

Went out in the van to the bank, got vegetables , delivered oranges and did washing at a friend's house (downstairs while they stayed upstairs!) Was going to the Intermarche washing machine but realised it was market day and would be busy! Had a good chat sitting on bottom step of stairs. Put all the bedding back in the van on return and restocked the clothes, checked that paperwork was back where it should be then left note for bread delivery on the drivers seat, won't be back out in it for another week at least! Except to collect the bread.

Checked batteries, all ok. Started and let my Honda genny run for 15 minutes. That’s it for another week.
Considering taxing it so I can have a runout in it to ensure all ok but nervous I may get stopped by the plods, unnecessary journey comes to mind so jury still put on that one.

Checked batteries, all ok. Started and let my Honda genny run for 15 minutes. That’s it for another week.
Considering taxing it so I can have a runout in it to ensure all ok but nervous I may get stopped by the plods, unnecessary journey comes to mind so jury still put on that one.
Tax it and take it out to do your shopping and then it gets a run on an essential journey?

The bottom door of the cooker (where I guess you are meant to put pots?) had a tendency to drop open when I drove.
When I looked into this I found the reason why ...
Clearly a touch loose - pulling on it I think just held by some silicon?

Cleaned it up, put some VHB tape on and re-attached. Fell off on the way to the shops :(
I think it was just too cold for the tape to attache to anything so tried again ...

Cleaned up the latch, let it warmed up in the house for a few days and attached some more tape ...
1612028843903.png
This time, holding firm (y)

Then put a fan heater in the van and directed it to the cooker door for an hour or so to make sure that was warm and dry and fitted the catch back in place
1612029051327.png
Looks nice and secure now :p

Lied....well not deliberately! Went out in van to builders merchants to order more stuff for Dave. My Portuguese isn't bad when getting sand, cement wood and nails!
Happy to see the leisure battery is at 13.1 so must have had enough light to top it up despite the rain.

I sent hunting for a shower tray on the internet as it was raining hard today
Wheel arch issues keep me smiling though 😄

I sent hunting for a shower tray on the internet as it was raining hard today
Wheel arch issues keep me smiling though 😄
Been there. Ended up repairing and painting with anti slip polyurethane deck paint. More solid than new and looks good too.
Lot cheaper and easier than sourcing and fitting a new one to my van. Shower tray is integral with toilet and sink plinths.
IIRC there is a company that will fix broken shower trays and all work guaranteed.

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
Took it in to have a leak fixed - Autotrail warranty job. Good time to have it done as we can't go anywhere at the moment!!!

Been for a drive out to remove the mental cobwebs, oh and buy a dozen eggs 😷

Updated the maps on my Tomtom. It’s a start 25 with free lifetime updates. I have had it for close on ten years. Expected them to have pulled the plug on it by now. Even if it does not update in future, it will do me for a few years yet.

Davy
You're doing better than me. Bought a high end snooper ventura a couple of years ago. Finally got around to updating today, free updates, got nearly to the end then told me not enough space on sd card. It has 8mb and still selling same unit with same specs. Feel robbed. Tried everything and feel I've wasted £300. Any suggestions!

Stuck my new Angles Morts stickers on the van then sat inside, in the sun, with a cup of tea and a chocolate cupcake.

Reactions: Rec
You're doing better than me. Bought a high end snooper ventura a couple of years ago. Finally got around to updating today, free updates, got nearly to the end then told me not enough space on sd card. It has 8mb and still selling same unit with same specs. Feel robbed. Tried everything and feel I've wasted £300. Any suggestions!
I had the same problem on my old TomTom. So removed a few apps then updated, when it updates it keeps both maps and updates then when finished it remove's the old stuff, I then reinstalled the apps that I wanted, hope this helps the other way is is use a computer and a larger SD Card copy the small card to the larger one then update

Back