What did you do to your van today?

We shall match any colour, even faded paint with the brick they said. Take five pictures put into the computer then a perfect match.
Small patch to the right hand side of the silver strip was the sample they made up, could live with that one.
First try on the bumper with the 1/2 ltr they made, second mix and try on the side pod.
Have now removed a panel and is at the paint supply Co for them to hand mix a batch. Suppose even the computer can have a bad day.20211018_165803.jpg20211018_170620.jpg 20211019_124517.jpg

Not today but the other week I decided to change the set up of my solar panels .I only had one actuator lifting the two panels.It lifted them no bother but it was a bit wobbly on the ends so I made new mounting brackets for the roof and a stiffener across the back of the two panels.I then mounted two new actuators on both ends. Now they are nice and stiff so I'm well pleased the way have turned out,as you can see by the pictures below.

IMG_20210903_151623.jpgIMG_20211021_151503.jpg

Not today but the other week I decided to change the set up of my solar panels .I only had one actuator lifting the two panels.It lifted them no bother but it was a bit wobbly on the ends so I made new mounting brackets for the roof and a stiffener across the back of the two panels.I then mounted two new actuators on both ends. Now they are nice and stiff so I'm well pleased the way have turned out,as you can see by the pictures below.
Looks very robust. Don't want to cast doom and gloom, but what happens if one of the actuators fails or seizes? would the other have the power to carry on and bendand damage the setup (one end being raised fully and the other flat on the roof at the extreme, but something inbetween more likely)? or would it sense excessive torque/loading and auto-stop?

A few days ago, I fitted some USB sockets to Mr Carrots Boxer Motorhome. He wanted some in a handy position in the cab area and after scouting options, the best locations were where there was a 12V socket and Cigarette Lighter.

Before Sevel by David, on Flickr
This is my own one and is common to all the Sevel Vans from 2006 on.

Replaced both his sockets with twin QC3 style sockets

Dash USB by David, on Flickr

I really liked that in fact, and decided to do my own Ducato today.
I had been using a twin USB Plug-in previously, but not as neat as a 'proper' socket. Decided to install a QC3 output version same as Brians, but the voltmeter had a little analog style to it on mine.

Dash USB by David, on Flickr
I only needed a pair of USBs (phone charging), so opted to keep the original 12V Accessory socket available

Handy little mod. (y)

FYI, while the two dashes - the 2008 Ducato and the 2015 Boxer look the same with regards to the two sockets, both the hole sizes and the wiring is actually different, so what you need todo to make this modification varies depending on vehicle (age, not version, I would think).

Something I have been thinking off for a while is some kind of security system for the Motorhome, but wanted something up to date and flexible to use and monitor :unsure:

Earlier this week (Wednesday to be exact), I decided on an AGS Home system. Chose this as it is all battery powered apart from the Alarm Siren, and apart from the internal 8 hour battery backup it is powered via a USB cable, so ideal for a Campervan or Motorhome. It also can be controlled via your phone via an internet connection.
This does mean to get all the features you need on-board internet, however you don't have to have active internet for the system to actually work as an functional alarm system.
Also possible is to monitor and control the AGS System via Google Home or Amazon Alexa. I am not a Google user (not even the search engine!) but I have got it setup to work on my Alexa setup.

This is the kit I bought:

Alarm Kit by David, on Flickr

And what it looks like unboxed:

Alarm Unboxed by David, on Flickr
(Not showing the Keypad here)

Early days and there are some features that I don't really like (get a beep to tell you a door is opened for example even when the alarm is not set) but overall I think it will be a very good and inexpensive intelligent system.

I got the Main Alarm System here for £45: https://amzn.to/3nimXz6
Decided to add a pair of Motion Sensors which were £8 each: https://amzn.to/3G6CCKB
And a Entry Keypad for £20: https://amzn.to/2XB3aCa. You don't need the Keypad as you can arm and disarm via the keyfob buttons, via the Smart Phone App or using voice control on an Alexa device, but I thought having the Keypad fitted just inside the doorway would make it nice and easy to use if you don't have the phone handy and/or the on-board internet is not live (I don't intend to carry the keyfob as it is too easy to disarm with a push of a button. With the Alexa control or the Keypad you have to know the disarm code, and your phone presumably has a pin code lock on it.)
So for under £45 (or £80 with the extra optional add-ons I chose to get) you get a modern alarm system that can be monitored, configured and set or disarmed either locally or remotely.

I'll post more info on my Motorhome update thread on motorhomebuilder.com later for anyone interested in more info :)

Oh, a little earlier today I came across this video where this guy does a nice brief unboxing and review of the same system. He is a Google Home user rather than Amazon Alexa and confirms it works fine with Google (if anyone was interested in that option).

Cleaned one of the burners on the hob, it's been troublesome for a while, the jet was blocked and therefore the flame was very low.
I had a lightbulb moment yesterday evening, so I tried soaking it in coke cola, hey presto after about 30minutes the blockage was no more and the burner was back.
Only time will tell how successful it's been but alls well for the moment.🤞👍

Cleaned one of the burners on the hob, it's been troublesome for a while, the jet was blocked and therefore the flame was very low.
I had a lightbulb moment yesterday evening, so I tried soaking it in coke cola, hey presto after about 30minutes the blockage was no more and the burner was back.
Only time will tell how successful it's been but alls well for the moment.🤞👍
If it does not last try oxiclean.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lee
I just purchased an industrial hot ultrasonic washing machine. When it turns up a whole host of domestic stuff is going in first. Should be superior to the dishwasher ;)
The first time I read this I thought it was a machine that you were going to fit in the camper :)

(you aren't, are you? quite a few US Coaches have washers, dryers and dish washers!)

have been pondering for a while getting a second cassette mine is getting tatty & the slider gate sticking i know someone replaced the mechanism at a cost of £50+ but on e bay i found a refresher kit for mine ie whole cassette + loo seat £95 arrived today so just been cleaning the old one up silicone grease all the moving parts then going to double bag it & store it just to take away over the winter primarily

have been pondering for a while getting a second cassette mine is getting tatty & the slider gate sticking i know someone replaced the mechanism at a cost of £50+ but on e bay i found a refresher kit for mine ie whole cassette + loo seat £95 arrived today so just been cleaning the old one up silicone grease all the moving parts then going to double bag it & store it just to take away over the winter primarily
I did the same at the start of the year, just hope whatever I get next has the same cassette!😂

Back