Who's Awake

Morning

Long drive yesterday up the (mostly free) A75 and across the Millau viaduct. No mist/fog so could be seen in all its glory. Heading towards Paris today.

Morning!

Must have been a good one ;)

Morning

Back through the tunnel this morning and an overnight in Cirencester.

Morning. Placed an order for a 14x8 shed yesterday to replace the 6x4 shed and 8x6 Summerhouse [the latter 2 are well past their Sell By Date, and are each too small for storing ladders/tools etc]. The new shed won't be ready for 4-6 weeks, but the manufacturer wants to uplift the Summerhouse no earlier than next Wednesday, and no later than next Friday, so a mass declutter awaits and lots of trips to the Tip, aka Recycling Centre [except that you cannot obtain the goods that could be recycled/used by other people ...]

In the current Cost of Living Crisis, a small section 'Free to a Good Home' for stuff that it's difficult to give to Charity Shops would make sense

Steve

I find welding up a frame and then fitting with steel sheets pop riveted on make a good shed, you can line the inside with insulation and cover with thin ply if that floats your boat, I did this to the b inlaws big 40 footer so he can spray cars in it.

I find welding up a frame and then fitting with steel sheets pop riveted on make a good shed, you can line the inside with insulation and cover with thin ply if that floats your boat, I did this to the b inlaws big 40 footer so he can spray cars in it.
Don't have your welding skills, Trev! The new Shed will be made from red wood, rather than the cheaper white pine. There will be 2 high mounted security windows so that I'll have light but without advertising what's stored inside.

Started the clear out of the existing shed and Summerhouse and took a carful of redundant kit to the Recycling Centre just before lunch, and compiled a second load for Monday delivery this afternoon. The objective is to get all the tools and bike & m/home kit into the new Shed tidily, inclusing my stash of timber and my ladders/tarpaulins. But the interim step is backwards as I've decanted the Summerhouse contents to the Sun lounge and spare bedroom!

Steve

Afternoon :)

Morning

Back home now and we have the north face of the clothes washing pile to tackle today.

Morning

Exercising; Clothes washing; house cleaning; a walk; no beer!

My day today.

Digging out lots of buried 'chukkies' from between the old shed and the old summerhouse in preparation for the new base being laid; then another trip to the Recycling Centre to dispose of yet more of the 'might come in useful one day' stuff that never has to date. I must have been a squirrel in a former life, which might explain why I always swim on my back [keeps my nuts dry ...] :rolleyes:

Steve

Morning

Off into Carmarthen this morning then just doing 'stuff' this afternoon probably.

Back